Wednesday 8 July 2020

Bain de Sang - Sacrified For a Load of Filth and Lies [2020]

A second, co-release album on multiple labels, from Paris' explosive grindcore blood bath - Bain de Sang. Was never lucky to see them live (yet), but hearing this, I can imagine the moshpit would hurt. It's raw, it's super fast, almost no slow parts (except for the finishing track "31G" and saying "slow" here would be... generous) but you can also hear these guys know how to play their instruments and some variations feel really creative. This means a lot of hard work and sweat in the practice room. 8 minutes of pure, angry energy followed by 3 minute noise outro makes it a perfect length modern grind album. Zero bullshit and you can tell immediately. Though I would love 20 more minutes of this.

For those who have no idea I want to find a comparison and a band that comes to my head is Sayyadina, but some cleverly calculated hardcore moments with high pitched, lungs-out vocals even reminds me of Converge a lot, which can not be a bad thing by any means. I don't have much else to say to be honest, this is the kinda shit I really like so this should serve more like a recommendation from me. These guys deserve more attention, I see they have t-shirts, tapes and vinyls on their bandcamp, go support, drop a like and tell your mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment